We reserve the right to amend our Rules. However, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that any significant changes to them will be notified to you via our website and by prominent notices placed at all venues. Once you play a game, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Rules.
Prior to commencement of any bingo session, the Company will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all gaming equipment is fully functional. Before each game commences, the Caller will:
1. Announce which bingo card is in play; and
2.Which line, lines or full house (or any other combination) has to be completed to win a prize.
3.On attendance at the venue, you will be provided with your bingo book and pen.
4. Each number will be selected at random by means of a random number generator (“RNG”). Customers must mark their cards in such a way that the numbers are sufficiently legible to be easily verifiable, allowing us to check them beyond dispute.
5. Numbers called are repeated on indicator boards being lit either automatically by the equipment or manually by the Caller. In the event of a discrepancy between a number announced by the Caller and that illuminated on the indicator board, the actual number produced by the RNG and displayed on the Caller’s screen shall prevail.
6. In the event that a customer requests a re-check of the numbers called, the caller will not perform this (unless there are exceptional circumstances) after 10 numbers have been called or after the single line is checked, whichever is first.
Stopping the Game
7. The point at which the next number is deemed to have been called will be the moment the Caller has commenced to call that number or to give a description of that number in any degree including words descriptive of its colour or position. Once a number has been started, it will be completed and that number will become the last number called. The winning card must contain the last number called as part of the advertised/announced winning sequence. Once a prize has been correctly validated another number is required to be called before an additional winning sequence can be accepted.
8. No further Claim for a prize (a “Claim”) will be accepted for a line, or two lines (or other combination) once the next number has been called. No further Claims will be accepted for a full house after the reset button has been activated and the Random Number Generator set for the next game.
9. It is the responsibility of each player to stop the Caller before the next number is started. A player is responsible for ensuring the caller stops the game on their winning number by giving a loud clear verbal shout. Failure to stop the caller on the winning number will render the claim invalid.
10. Prizes will only be paid to the person playing and stopping the game.
Claiming the Prize
For the purpose of verification of any Claims, as set out below, the claiming Customer must be in possession of the relevant winning book.
When a Claim is made, the Customer must produce their book for verification. We reserve the right to require production of valid identification. If a Customer fails to do so within a reasonable period of time (which shall be deemed to be five minute, unless special circumstances otherwise dictate), the right to any prize for that Claim will be forfeit.
The Caller will determine the Claim and announce the decision. If a Claim is rejected, the Caller will endeavour to obtain the Customer’s agreement to that decision. The reason for the Claim’s rejection will be announced.
In the event of multiple winners on a game, a dance-off or similar competition will be held to determine the prize winner.
In the event of a mechanical malfunction however caused, or any other circumstance which results in a duplicate or incorrect game books being issued resulting in multiple or duplicate claims, all entitled claimants will equally share the declared prize.
Employees of the Company are not permitted to play at the premises where they are permanently employed. Immediate family members of the management team are not allowed to take part in any form of gaming at the premises at which that management team are working. This prohibition also extends to the immediate family members of staff when performing the roll of Duty Manager. In addition, the immediate family members of the Caller or host of any particular in-house games are not entitled to participate in that game. Further details are given in the Colleague Gaming Policy.
In each game of bingo you have three chances to win. Your game consists of 6 houses, with three lines in each
The first prize is for one line. That is when all the numbers in one horizontal row are called out. If you have this you call BINGO
The second prize is for two lines. These two lines must be within the same house and again must be horizontal. If you have this you call BINGO. For one and two lines it is the first person we see calling bingo. If the card is correct then the owner of the card wins a prize.
For the third prize you must have all 3 lines within the same house. If there is more than one call for this (providing they are correct), all callers will be invited onto the stage to compete for the prize. This is usually in the form of a dance-off but can sometimes be a sing-off or musical statues.
Prize draw (If we do 6 games and have access to an AV wall)
11. When you enter Bongo’s Bingo you are handed a free prize draw ticket.
12. At the end of each game of bingo a ticket is drawn out and the person with the corresponding prize draw ticket will be invited up on stage to answer a question. If they answer this question they will win a designated amount of money.
13. Staff will then take the following details of the customer:
13.1 Full name
13.4 Amount of money won.
If the person gets the question wrong then the money will roll over to the next round.